- Fully compatible CA-Clipper with with some new possibilities.
- slight incompability with CA-Clipper, which may be resolved easily,
using the "search and replace" method.
In addition it can compile to C program,
byte-code, dynamic library and mixed C+byte-code.
- Very fast and efficient OO-model
Difference from CA-Clipper reveals itself in part of descriptions and making
an object, but in part of using the ready objects syntax and logic of
functioning is completely the same.
It is possible to write programs on CLIP, without using other syntax excepting
Initial support syntax from FS,CAVO,FoxPro.
has much more possibilities than CA-Clipper.
- Full international support
Including adjustment on any code page of any language on any keyboard
(with stelnet emulator only or on consoles),
substitution of string constants during execution and changing a logic of
functioning with strings, given for functions alpha, digit, lower, upper,
subscripted weight factors etc.
Support two-bytes charsets BIG5,GB , may be Korean,Japan too.
- GUI, based on GTK
- Provides using of all widgets and processing the events
- Using of dynamic libraries,
loading and execution of the byte-code from external files ( in run-time, too ).
- up to Clipper 5.3 (support of objects menu, button, check
and other get-objects), as well as standard classes tbrowse,get,error.
- Are implemented a lot of CA_Tools functions,
including all functions for processing the lines, dates, files, mathematicians.
- support all SIX functions and features
- VFP data types: datetime,currency
- RDD allows to use your own drivers, as well as use a driver, combined from
several different drivers.
- RDD also allows to use only OO-style, without using of aliases
- Multitask support
- CODB - CLIP Object Data Base
- libraries and classes for direct access to SQL-servers (PG,MySql,Oracle,Interbase)
- ODBC and ODBC bridge to Windows drivers.
- SQL-interpreter and commands, compatible with FoxPro
- Other possibilities
- Overloading operators for objects.
- Support of regular expressions.
- function for TCP/IP sockets connections
- COM_() functions
- Rushmore like technology, but more fast and efficient.
- Support of very-large-scale numbers with unlimited accuracy.
- Support of graphic files PNG,GD,JPEG and primitives like lines,
rectangles, firing ranges, circumferences etc.
- Several common classes for word processorses, html/cgi programms.
- Several utilities for interpreting the patterns of the documents,
www_sql,clip_bl, clip_blank, clip_sql, clip_hindex, clip_hseek etc.
- multiwindows interactive debugger.
- Supported OS'es
linux, freebsd, openBsd, SPARC & x86 solaris, IBM mainframe with TurboLinux, Win32 ( with CYGWIN development tools)
- TODO list
- Windows support
- FiveWin compatiblies.
- FoxPro compatiblies.